Pictures of us

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another picture slideshow by Smilebox

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Feeling left out...


Look at these pictures I took of Bode and our cousins playing. This is Abbey for those that didn't realize! Rascal is the cocker spaniel watching and Baxter is the little white dog. It's funny to watch because Bode is 120lbs and Baxter is only 10lbs!


We love to play, but sometimes I feel left out and thought I would write about that. My favorite game is tag, but all these boys like to play tug and wrestle. I was really struggling to find out how to get involved with their play and was pouting a lot instead of working at becoming a part of the group. Have you ever felt like it was easier to stay away then find a way to engage yourself in what others are doing?


Don't get me wrong, they look like they are having fun, but those games aren't my favorite. Finally I learned that we can split up and do things without it being all of us or we can share and I can play their games and they can play ours. Good think Rascal likes to sunbathe and rest (he is a lot older than us) and we can do that together! It is hard to learn that it can't always be the way you want it an that we have to share, but I do hear Tara talk to kids a lot about something called compromise and I think that is what I am learning to do this week!

No comments: