Pictures of us

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another picture slideshow by Smilebox

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We rescued Tara...



Abbey and I were shown this by a friend and it is so true! Did you know that we are both rescues? Well in reality, we rescued Tara :)

Paw and Hand
Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor,
peering apprehensively into the kennels.
I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly,
so she wouldn’t be afraid.
As she stopped at my kennel,
I blocked her view from a little accident I
had in the back of my cage.
I didn’t want her to know that I hadn’t been
walked today.
Sometimes the shelter keepers get busy
and I didn’t want her to
think poorly of them.
As she read my kennel card,
I hoped that she wouldn’t feel sad about my past.
I only have the future to look forward to,
and want to make a difference in someone’s life.
She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me.
I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against
the bars to comfort her.
A tear fell down her cheek
Gentle fingertips caressed my neck;
she was desperate for companionship.
A tear fell down her cheek,
and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright
that I Instantly jumped into her arms.
I would promise to keep her safe.
I would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do everything I could to see
that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor.
So many more are out there who haven’t walked the corridors.
So many more to be saved.
At least I could save one.
I rescued a human today…

No comments: