Pictures of us

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another picture slideshow by Smilebox

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Familiy...they say you only get one...

Hey, How's life? Mine is great--I have been working hard and had Rascal and Baxter (our cousins) stay the week with us. We have tried hard to teach Baxter good manners since he is only a puppy and he is doing ok! Good thing I can escape at work sometimes.

It is hard today to pick which lesson to share with you. I think it will be one on the importance of family. I heard Tara telling one of the kids recently that family is important and the goal is for them to be with you through thick and thin. One of the kids said they were told you only get one family and was concerned about how children get adopted. Good thing I was there to share my thoughts on this....I don't know my biological family at all! Abbey met her mom, brother, and sister, but it is just me--that's ok though because I wouldn't trade my family for the world! Sometimes your biological family cannot take care of you by choice or because of choices they make...then you get another chance! There are foster families and adoptive families out there that help children (and dogs) feel welcomed when they cannot be with their biological parents. So you can have multiple families, but focus on those that accept you for who you are and help you become a better person!

No comments: