Pictures of us

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another picture slideshow by Smilebox

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it is the 2nd of January in 2012 already? This is going to be a great year! Every year gets better and better so we cannot wait to see what 2012 brings! Both of our birthdays are coming up (Bode will be 6 and I will be 7).

Our new year didn't start off as well as we would have hoped. Bode had to be taken to the doctor on New Year's Eve. He was acting really strange and really didn't want to eat or play with anyone. Tara kept talking about her fear that it was bloat...I have learned we really don't want Bode to have this!

Tara and Bode were at the vet for a long time and I was home with our human brother and Geoff (who were both home sick too). We kept waiting for Tara to call with an update. When she did, we learned that Bode did not have bloat....thank God....but that he was in a lot of pain and really sick. He has pancreatitis and a strange parasite that we aren't sure how he got it. He is on three different medications and has to go back to the doctor on Saturday to be checked again. His fever has dropped and he doesn't seem to be dehydrated (he drinks a lot of water), so hopefully we are on the mend.

Bode snuggled in next to the fire


Tara and Bode have had some pretty big fights in the mornings and Bode is not good at taking his medication. I am sort of jealous because along with Bode being on medication, Tara has to cook for him. I heard that for seven whole days Bode gets to eat homemade chicken and rice to help his pancreas process because our regular food is too hard on him right now. When I smelled it cooking, I couldn't leave the kitchen. I hoped and prayed it was for me. I get that when I am sick too, but I am also thankful that I am not sick right now!

Chicklette (our foster sister) and I have to be checked tomorrow to be sure we don't have the worm too, but we don't feel sick like Bode. Apparently you only get it from laying in damp grass when it is warm outside. I love to do this, but no one else (especially Bode) lays out there. I really am puzzled at how he could have gotten this parasite thing and pray I don't have it!

Prayers for Bode's speedy recovery and an amazing 2012 for all of us!

Love,

Abbey

No comments: